Thursday, January 10, 2008

Knitter's Retreat at Rosario Resort



The Knot Just Yarn Knitter's Retreat is coming up very soon! We still have space available - price is $175 per person (double occupancy) and the dates are January 25, 26 and 27, 2008. The deadline for registration is a week from today, so if you're interested hurry and call the shop! Phone is 360-755-7086 or toll free 1-888-477-KNIT(5648). We have some cool door prizes and surprises for attendees, so this is a weekend you won't want to miss! I'm so looking forward to a weekend of knitting and relaxing with friends in the San Juans!

Rosario has a world class spa with facials, massages, and treatments galore. There is also a huge indoor pool and sauna available...here's a photo of the pool area which is downstairs in the mansion. If you are interested, please give us a call during shop hours, or send an email to orders@knotjustyarn.com for more details or to reserve your spot. Don't forget the deadline of January 17, and mark your calendars for a relaxing weekend on Orcas Island!

I have fallen way behind on blogging, but promise to get back up to speed with lots of new knitting projects soon. We've had lots on the needles, and have many new samples and projects finished so there's no lack of stuff to blog about. New yarns are coming in, including a new order of Jade Sapphire Cashmere, new Dream in Color Classy and Smooshy, and expected to arrive mid January is a huge order of brand new Malabrigo! I'm currently working on a 2008 "Block of the Month" (or maybe two a month for the speedier among us!) using the Great American Afghan book. This project is suitable for any smooth yarn, but I'm using the new Cascade Dolce (alpaca, silk and wool). We have several colors, and will be adding more each Cascade order. I'm absolutely LOVING this yarn, and have three blocks blocked and finished in the shop. I'll try and get some photos uploaded to share, and really need to get this yarn in the online store. It's a good one!!!

'til then,

Becky


2 comments:

Melanie said...

Okay, here I come-guest blogger #1! I just wanted to share with everyone how wonderful the retreat to Orcas Island was! Becky, Laura, and Pat made it a trip to remember. There was great company, schwag (great schwag I might add), fabulous door prizes for everyone, a beautiful view, and did I mention the carrot cake, truffles, port, and berry martinis???? Kimberly nicknamed our retreat Knitmas and I think that fits very well-it was like Christmas but with good friends instead of family, great food and drinks and fabulous surprises!!! I can't wait unti knitmas comes again-thanks Becky for putting it all together!

Melanie Griffith

Kimberly said...

For five years I've dreamt of what a retreat might be like. THIS WAS BETTER THAN MY BEST DREAM. Pat, Laura, and Becky were amazing hostess' who were available for help with our projects as well as socializing. We ate, we drank (some of even drain tea), we relaxed, we knit & crochet, and most of all we laughed and enjoyed great company. I've already begun saving for next year. I didn't even talk about the Knitmas Presents, the bed time stories, the fabulous waking up to espresso (OMY) that might have been the best part. This was the best thing I've done for myself since learning to knit. Thank you KNOT JUST YARN - that was KNOT JUST A WEEKEND AWAY!