Thursday, January 31, 2008

You Know You're Doing Something Right...






...when your customers send YOU flowers! This was on the front counter this morning when I arrived at the shop, as a thank you from Maria and Dee for the Knot Just A Weekend (a.k.a. "Knitmas") at Rosario Resort. Thank YOU, Maria and Dee!! What a nice thing to do - we appreciate it!




I haven't gotten the Malabrigo Worsted entered in the online store yet, but it has arrived. It came in last week, and it is wonderful! This photo doesn't show all the colors in stock, but it's a way to tempt you into coming in to see the rest. There is a purple/green colorway that I swear whispers my name every time I walk by the display. You might be able to spot it in the lower right hand corner. Can you hear it? "Becky. Psst. Becky. Knit. Knit some more."


Candace stopped by this afternoon with her new baby, Heisey. Isn't she a doll? And such a fashionable collar, too. Winky now wants a kitten to take home. She is mostly white, with black spots (including one on her hind leg that looks exactly like a ghost). And no, please don't drop any cats off at the shop. Winky can't have one. I mean it.
Becky

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

malabrigo - OOOH AHH. I have mine - do you have yours??? I had to leave Thursday night knitting early because the shelved yarn was yelling Becky's name so loud. It was distracting me from my sleeve being knit in Velvet Grape. I'm now more fond of this single ply moreno than Alpaca - there I've said it. I know a few of you don't believe me.

Becky said...

*I* believe you. I didn't lock up until about 8:30 last night, and I SWEAR that I could hear that yarn shouting at me as I drove down the street! I may buckle today. Montauk from Dolce Handknits keeps sneaking out of the binder and dancing on the table, demanding to be knit in Malabrigo. I could just knit up a swatch, right?? Or maybe just the sleeve...but that christening gown sends out jealous vibes every time I glance at the Malabrigo.
Becky