Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer 2007 Newsletter

Tiny pitched in today and helped get the latest issue of the newsletter finalized and to the printer. I published it to the website this afternoon, and should have the printed copies back tomorrow.

I also thought after 10 years that it was time to change the look of the newsletter, so it's now called "The Wool Street Journal" and has a brand new look. Since we redesigned the website, the newsletter ought to have a fresh look, too!

We have several new classes that should be a lot of fun, including a drop spindle spinning class, a dyeing workshop, some more advanced classes in lace knitting and felting, and a couple of classes featuring how to convert some basic patterns into much more personalized and detailed projects.

It's been a busy week, but I promise to have some images of the Bamboo Girlyflage shell and a brand new shawl up in the next few days...I'm working on the Fiber Trends "Angel Lace" in a new yarn - Dawn from Naturally Yarns. I just couldn't resist it when I opened the box and put it on the shelf. Hey, it spoke to me - what can I say? It's 50% silk and 50% wool, and I know you'll love the drape of this yarn! I ordered it in white, indigo blue, a gorgeous deep red and a pale green (I chose the green for this project). The shawl is being worked on a US #4 Turbo lace needle, and is knitting up very quickly. If you haven't tried the Addi Turbo lace needles, I highly recommend them - that extra pointy-point makes all the difference when working lace decreases!! I'd take a photo of the shawl tonight, but in rushing around to get the newsletter finished I walked out of the shop and left both projects on the table. It must be Monday! But there's always tomorrow...

'Til then,

Becky

No comments: