Tuesday, June 19, 2007

WIPs



Works In Progress... I promised I'd take a couple of photos, and managed to get to it today.




Here's the Bamboo shell in Girlyflage. This is working up really nicely, when it's done there will be a matching shell for Emma, too!







And here's a pic of the Naturally Dawn in the light green. I'm knitting the new Angel Lace Shawl from Fiber Trends. It will be interesting to show you how this compares as it's knit and then when it's finished and blocked. You can see the angels in the shawl already (upside down in this shot). If you look closely you will see the yarn tails where I just now joined the second ball of Dawn. This is a 50% silk 50% wool, and is going to feel so luxurious when it's finished!! This will use four balls total, five if I decide to make it a little longer overall...I'll just wait and see after I get three knit up. There is a lovely scalloped edge on the finished shawl. I'll post more photos as this progresses.

This week has been flashing by (is there a theme to my life, or what? LOL) In between meeting with yarn reps and ordering new products to keep all you lovely fiberistas interested and intrigued, I've also been trying to finalize the plans for the upcoming all breed dog show that I am chairing again. Being the show chairman of a dog show is always interesting...it's sort of a juggling act to get everything coordinated and hopefully moving in the right direction, and then on the weekend of the shows it takes on a life of it's own and there's no stopping it! For those that are interested, the dates are June 30 and July 1, location is the Skagit Valley Fairgrounds in Mount Vernon. We have nearly 1400 entries each day, so it promises to be one of the largest in Bell Vernon Kennel Assocation's history. More info can be found at http://www.barayevents.com/ - just click on "Shows" and then on "Bell Vernon Kennel Association" for details.

I need to go and get a little knitting done, then it's time to trim puppy toenails. I just stopped to think about that. With all the puppies needing their nails done, I have to trim 160 toenails tonight! Yikes! And that's just the babies! Better get to it,

Becky

No comments: